You Are Reading

NATURE | From above


ph / Gerco de Ruijter

“Neither mine nor other people’s prospects seem particularly pleasing just at the moment, and I have fantasies of going to Iceland, never to return. As it is, I tell myself not to remember the past, not to hope or fear for the future, and not to think in the present, a comprehensive program that will undoubtedly have very little success." - Floating Worlds: The Letters of Edward Gorey & Peter F. Neumeyer

In the middle of this ice-cold inspiration process (I am working on a research-project on Russian folklore...) these photographs of Gerco de Ruijter encourage me in my thinking. Distance, despair, suspicion, absence and anonymity are the keywords for both the mood of my subject as the photographs above. So, let's bring in the inspiration and toast with a bottle of vodka!

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

profile links service | organic wordpress | Blogspot Template