You Are Reading

DOSSIER | Fresh Face Emily Ruhl


An unusual appearance. Long, blonde hair, but a masculine strong look. The power lays in her eyes. Emily Ruhl is one of the 'developing' projects of Marilyn Models, which coaches several established names such as Adriana Lima, Ashley Smith, Eniko and Tallulah. The pressure is high, if you get noticed, you could become a real big name. Emily Ruhl is an alienating model, with hair that reflects some sort of blue glance, and eyes that sneak upon you in the dark. She is the queen of ice, she's got the baby blues. Shortly: she fits the scene at the moment. Read this little interview she did with Nina Charlie.

How did you get into the modeling business?
I went to the shows at New York Fashion Week for my 14th birthday, and met my mother agent (Chantale Nadeau) there. We corresponded over email after meeting, and within a month I was signed to a summer contract with Bravo in Tokyo. I was 13 at the time I was scouted, and my life was changed forever. It was the best birthday present I have ever gotten!

How would you describe your personal style?
Fashion forward, yet effortlessly chic.

Who are your favorite fashion designers?
I adore Alexander Wang, Alexander McQueen, Isabel Marant, Chanel, Dolce and Gabbana, Marc Jacobs, Rodarte, Stella McCartney, Helmut Lang, Acne, Peter Dundas for Emilio Pucci, Calvin Klein, and Prabal Gurung. There are so many I love, that it is hard to choose my favorites!

What is your most prized possession?
I have a bunch of old black and white family photos from many past generations. They hold special memories and show me those I never knew. Whenever I get an apartment, I want to have them framed and all put on the walls to remind me of those I love.

Who are your role models?
My parents, Karlie Kloss and Benjamin Franklin. It is a bit of a strange mix, but I would love to have qualities of each!

How would you describe yourself in three words?
Beyond her years.

How would you like to change the world?
I would like to show the world that a woman can have a wonderful family and a career at the same time. I would also like to contribute to the efforts in educating the children of the world.






Ph / Top image courtesy of Freshfix, all others from Nicole Anne Robbins

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

profile links service | organic wordpress | Blogspot Template