You Are Reading

MY PICKS | resort collections pre-fall 2013

ph / style.com, collage by me

Imagine me behind a sowing machine. Had a good laugh?This will be my (nearby) future, so I'd better absorb some inspiration from the latest Resort collections for Pre-Fall 2013. God, 2013 is almost here, and it keeps getting better! My picks are obviously on the greyscale, even though the collections contain loads of the darkest burgundies and blacks, hitting the gothic side of the colour spectrum.

I went for the other end, full of camels (the colour, not the animal), faded whites, washed out pinks and a good old jersey knit. I could write poems on the lovebaby of camel and grey. The masculine and oversized shapes are here to stay (did they ever leave?), but adjusted with lower, feminine necklines. Interesting to wear when negotiating about higher wages without losing yourself on the tacky side (leopard and push-up bra's, rawrr). I kept pasting pictures in the collage, but it looked like some kind of Paint-art. So I left the best ones out... See Philip Lim, Calvin Klein and Diesel Black Gold for yourself here.

From left to right: Narcisco Rodriguez, Bottega Veneta, Alexander Wang, Reed Krakoff, Proenza Schouler

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

profile links service | organic wordpress | Blogspot Template