You Are Reading

PARTY | Celebrating ½ Anniversary

Maybe it is not an anniversary everyone would celebrate, but I am happily surprised FreshFix made it until today: its half year's birthday! FreshFix is maybe the third, or well, fifth blog in row I started. Laziness, a lack of inspiration and discipline are the reasons the others failed miserably. The (almost) daily posts I create for FreshFix are full of joy and energy, I blog with a certain passion which is new to me. Setting up this blog has also given me inspiration and provided me with a better understanding of the type of career I want to pursue, which is the industry of fashion and marketing. The daily visits are increasing and I am insanely happy with every visitor and comment I receive. For all of you who visit FreshFix regularly, but also to everyone that perhaps made it to this blog by total accidence: thank you for making each day a sparkling one. Underneath you can find a list of ups and progress from last year.

INCREASING
I went from myself as lonely daily visitor to in and about twenty-five unique friends. I was amazed by all sorts of nationalities from allover the planet visiting FreshFix. Finland, Russia, Mexico and Saoedi-Arabia, just to name a few. Welcome!

NETWORKING
Since last weekend, I may call FreshFix a part of the Follow Fashion network. You may have seen the black button that leads to the page with all contributing blogs. I designed a couple of banners for FreshFix, from which I found it hard to choose...

PHOTOGRAPHY
If only my man wasn't working in the filmindustry... Take a look at the differences between my first couple of homemade shots and the detailed images I took a couple of weeks ago. Those first pictures were actually the second blogposts I have ever made! The major difference is a professional photocamera I could borrow from my boyfriend. Thank you for increasing the quality of my new in-posts!

LANGUAGE BARRIER
From translating everything from Dutch to English to having problems finding the Dutch word for English terms. I have to admit I have grown a passion for the English language, I even drink tea the British way! For that reason, the first paragraph is now in English with a translation below, instead of vice versa. So, what is 'abominable' in my mother tongue?

FAVOURITE
It is a real dilemma to choose between almost two-hundred posts, made with love and care. I really wrecked my (digital) pen for a three-parted series about Dutch festival Lowlands. A more visual post is definitely this flowerful editorial. More into moving pictures? A variation of short films is found here. But my favourite posts from the last six months has to be the monthly edition of Top Looks. Argh, I don't know really. Choosing between chocolate and fresh baked cookies is also impossible, isn't it?

FUTURE
Does more fashion, more design and more fun also sound great to you? I will try to improve FreshFix, without losing its exclusiveness. On my list is moving to Amsterdam, that will probably yield more great bars and boutiques, new in- and maybe even outfit-posts. More wishes? I am working hard on a Facebook and Twitter-account, filled with goodies. More than enough to expect... How did you experience FreshFix over the last couple of months?

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

profile links service | organic wordpress | Blogspot Template